South Carolina Division 2020 Leadership Conference
1 Feb 2020
It is time to make plans to attend the 2020 Leadership Conference on the 1st of February. The SC Division Leadership Conference is an event that the current and future leaders of the Sons of Confederate Veterans can come together and learn or hone the skills needed to lead a thriving camp in fulfilling the SCV Charge given to us by General Stephen Dill Lee within the SC Division and to continue to grow. This years event will consist of detailed functions important to the core Camp leadership and will give an opportunity for Camp Commanders and the other key leaders of the Camp to engage in conversations and subjects that are important in running a successful Camp.
The Days Event
This year’s Conference will be held at the same location in Irmo, South Carolina at the River Center At Saluda Shoals Park. The days event times will be from 9:00 AM till 1:00 PM. Registration will begin at 9:00 PM.
The event will be free to all current members of the SC Division.
9:00 – 9:30 AM Registration Opens – Coffee & Doughnuts furnished by Order of Confederate Rose
9:30 Call to Order – Commander Jamie Graham
- Invocation & Devotional – Division Chaplain
- Posting of the Colors – Color Sgt. Donnie Raborn & 16th Regiment Honor Guard
- Our Charge – Perry Smith, SC Division Chief of Staff
10:00-11:20 General Session I
- The Nature of Politics – Jonathon Hill, SC State Representative
11:00-12:30 Breakout Sessions (Select 1)
- Adjutant’s Workshop Joe Willis, SC Division Adjutant
Camp Records & Finances Tim Medlin, Division Treasurer
- Duties of Camp Officers Leland Summers, Past SC Division Commander
Conducting a Camp Meeting Randy Burbage, SC Division Judge Advocate
- Camp Newsletters Joseph Matheson, Joseph B. Kershaw Camp 82 Camden, SC
Public Relations Perry Smith, SC Division Chief of Staff
- Automated System Dean Stevens, IT/2nd Lt. Commander
Graves Registration Kevin Dietrich, Graves Registration Chair
Keith Day, 9th Brigade Commander
- The Nature of Politics Jonathon Hill, SC State Representative
12:50-13:00 – Benediction, & Dixie Walter Lindler, SC Division Chaplain
Dismissal Jamie Graham, SC Division Commander
14:00 EC Meeting – Jamie Graham, SC Division Commander
The Event Location
The River Center is located just on the Lake Murray side of Irmo, SC at 5605 Bush River Rd, Columbia, SC 29212-2611 and is only 15 minutes from Interstate 26. There is an abundance of hotel choices for any who choose to stay in the Irmo Area the night before the event.
Members in good standing can register for the 2018 Leadership Conference online.