South Carolina Division 2018 Leadership Conference
It is time to make plans to attend the 2018 Leadership Conference on the 10th of February. The SC Division Leadership Conference is an event that the current and future leaders of the Sons of Confederate Veterans can come together and learn or hone the skills needed to lead a thriving camp in fulfilling the SCV Charge given to us by General Stephen Dill Lee within the SC Division and to continue to grow. This years event will consist of detailed functions important to the core Camp leadership and will give an opportunity for Camp Commanders and the other key leaders of the Camp to engage in conversations and subjects that are important in running a successful Camp.
The Days Event
This years Conference will be held at the same location in Irmo, South Carolina at the River Center At Saluda Shoals Park. The days event times will be from 9:00am till 4:00pm, with Dinner being served at 12:00pm. Registration will begin at 8:00am. This year dinner will be offered with a donation to the Heritage for Youth Committee.
The event will be free to all current members of the SC Division.
9:00 – 9:45 AM Registration – Opens Coffee & Doughnuts furnished by Order of Confederate Rose
9:45 Call to Order – Commander Leland Summers
- Invocation & Devotional
- Posting of the Colors – Color Sgt. Donnie Raborn & 16th Regiment Honor Guard
- Our Charge -Jamie Graham, SC Division Chief of Staff
10:00-12:00 General Session I
- 10:00 – Opening remarks Leland Summers, SC Division Commander
- 10:05 – Automated MRS System Executive Director Mike Landree
- 11:05 – Signers’ Monument Report-Albert Jackson
- 11:15 – Legislation Day (H. Richardson & Charlie Bray)
12:15-1:00 Lunch furnished by heritage for Youth Committee (Donations requested)
1:00-2:00 Breakout Sessions (Select 1)
- Adjutant’s workshop – Joe Willis, SC Division Adjutant
- Duties of Camp Officers – Leland Summers, SC Division Commander
- Conducting a Camp Meeting – Randy Burbage, SC Division Judge Advocate
- Camp Newsletters – Joseph Matheson Joseph B. Kershaw Camp 82 Camden, SC
- Public Relations – Jamie Graham, SC Division Chief of Staff
- Graves Registration – Graves Registration Chair Keith Day
2:00-2:45 Camp Records & Finances Tim Medlin, Division Treasurer
Paul Dowdy 1st Brigade Commander
2:45-3:15 Division and National Awards Program
3:15-4:00 Candidates’ Forum
4:00 Door Prizes
Singing of Dixie
The Event Location
The River Center is located just on the Lake Murray side of Irmo, SC at 5605 Bush River Rd, Columbia, SC 29212-2611 and is only 15 minutes from Interstate 26. There is an abundance of hotel choices for any who choose to stay in the Irmo Area the night before the event.
Members in good standing can register for the 2018 Leadership Conference online.