South Carolina Division – Sons of Confederate Veterans Specialty Licence Plate

With a new year upon us the years events are beginning. As the first month comes to a close and one of the dreaded habits of government come in the mail, for each of us one of the twelve months of the year a tax bill will arrive. One reprieve of having to continue to pay for the use of a vehicle on the South Carolina roads is the privilege of being able to display on the back of our cars and trucks, and soon motorcycles, our beloved flag that adorns the South Carolina Division – Sons of Confederate Veterans licence plate.

This license plate does not require a membership and is available to all SC residents. A portion of the fees collected from this plate will be distributed to the SC Sons of Confederate Veterans. The fee is $30 every two years in addition to the regular motor vehicle registration fee. Click here to purchase this plate.

To download an application and print, you can do that here.

All the proceeds that are generated from the sales and yearly renewal of these specialty tags go toward benefiting the Camps, and South Carolina Division.

By | 2014-01-29T21:12:48+00:00 January 29th, 2014|scscv|5 Comments

About the Author:


  1. Jeff January 30, 2014 at 7:31 pm - Reply

    Your right! The SC Division is hard at work trying to find the funds to start the Motorcycle tags. We are already approved for the tags we just need to find the funding.
    I would like know how many people would by a motorcycle tag if it was currently available?

    Jeff Antley

  2. Wayne Jones February 1, 2014 at 8:21 pm - Reply

    Got two and they are ready for the plates.

  3. Jake April 13, 2015 at 11:22 pm - Reply

    I woukd definitely buy a motorcycle plate. Are they any closer to reality yet?

  4. Charlie May 31, 2015 at 6:31 pm - Reply


    This probably seems like a strange request, but I am a license plate collector and working on an SCV collection. One of the hardest plates to get is the SC SCV license plate. I was wondering if one of your members has an old expired plate I would gladly purchase from them or if you have a sample one for sale. Anyway thanks for your time.


  5. Joey Catoe June 6, 2015 at 3:01 pm - Reply

    I would get a mc tag. To Mach my truck

Leave A Comment