Open Invitation to SC Division , SC UDC, SC OCR,
friends and family members:
The Brigadier General Samuel McGowan Camp 40, Laurens County, is sponsoring a charter bus trip to the 150th Anniversary re-enactment of the Battle of Spotsylvania.
Details are as follows:
1. Thursday May 1. Depart McGowan Camp HQ in Laurens. Visit Petersburg Battlefield. Arrive in Fredericksburg.
2. Friday May 2. Tour Fredericksburg Battlefield, visit Jackson Shrine at Guinea Station, Chancellorsville Visitor Center and site where Gen. Jackson was wounded, plus additional sites as time permits.
3. Saturday May 3. Confederate memorial Day service at the McGowan Brigade Monument at the Bloody Angle in the morning, with special speaker Chaplain Alan Farley of Concord, Virginia. Attend 150th Anniversary re-enactment of the Battle of Spotsylvania in the afternoon.
4. Sunday May 4. Return trip to Laurens.
Cost for the bus is $76.00 per seat, based on 56 passengers.
Host hotel is the new Holiday Inn Express Southpoint, just off I-95 in Fredericksburg. Cost for a double room, or a single king room, is $80.00 per night.
The hotel has microwave and fridge in each room, indoor pool, complimentary buffet style breakfast, and a hospitality/meeting room for us.
A variety of restaurants are within walking distance of the hotel.
What you need to do if you want to go :
1. Call Randy Simpson at 864-680-6188, Jennifer Sawyer at 864-980-3607, or Robert Roper at 864-923-2952 and let one of us know you want to go.
Then mail a check for $76.00 for each bus seat you want to reserve to Randy Simpson, 982 Mt. Shoals Road, Enoree, SC 29335.
DEADLINE for reservations is March 1st, unless bus is sold out prior to that date. Should the trip have to be cancelled, all reservations will be fully refunded. Please make checks payable to McGowan Camp 40.
2. Making your hotel reservation is YOUR responsibility ! Call Holiday Inn Express Southpoint, at 540-898-5550, and tell them you are with the McGowan Camp group to get the $80.00 rate.
Please help spread the news of this trip to all camps, chapters, families, and friends. Especially those of us who had ancestors who served in McGowan’s Brigade. Make your plans early and join us for a fun and educational trip. Call today to reserve your bus seats !
Thank you and have a Dixie day !